Frequently Asked Questions

If you find yourself uncertain or if any questions arise, we have a comprehensive FAQ list available to assist you further. This curated collection of frequently asked questions has been meticulously designed to provide in-depth explanations, ensuring that you have all the information you need at your fingertips.

Please don’t hesitate to refer to this valuable resource for a more detailed understanding. If you require additional clarification, please contact us.

The Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) aim to visa applications in the timeframe specified for the relevant visa category.

Actual processing times are dependent on a number of factors, such as:

  • whether you have provided all necessary supporting documents when you lodge your application
  • how well and how promptly you respond to any requests for additional information
  • how long it takes to complete any required checks on information you have provided to support your application
  • how long it takes to receive additional information required from areas outside the department particularly in relation to health character and national security
  • how many places are available in the migration programme.

All visa processing times are now available on the Department’s website:

See Processing Times

Here is an idea of what Questions to Ask an Immigration Consultant

  • Which is the right immigration program for me and why?
  • What are my chances of success through this program?
  • Do you specialise in visas and family immigration law?
  • How long you have been practising immigration law?
  • How long does our retainer/contract lasts?

It depends on your circumstances, country of passport and what visa you are applying for. The best would be to arrange a consultation with our experient migration to get the best advice for your circumstances. You can book a consultation here

Fees for visa application depend on the visa you are applying for (partner, parent, employer-sponsored, visitor, skilled..), do you apply alone or there are dependents (family members) do you need a skill assessment, English test, Medicals and Biometrics.

Generally, you will need to include bank statements for the past 3 months with a closing balance of at least $5,000 AUD per applicant. All applicants must declare on the application that they have sufficient funds available for the duration of the entire stay in Australia. If required, the applicant must provide additional evidence of their financial capacity as the amount of funds required, in the form of evidence that is acceptable.

You can sponsor someone to come to Australia permanently or temporarily to fill a nominated skilled role. If you want to sponsor someone to travel to Australia for other short-term work or activities, or for training, learn more about other ways of bringing someone.

The Subclass 189 visa is often considered one of the most straightforward pathways to Australian PR. It’s designed for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer, a state, or a family member. If you have an Australian partner, then a Partner visa might be the best option in your case. If you have a sponsor willing to sponsor you, the 482 visa is also on of the best and straightforward visas.

  • Australia State Sponsored or Nominated Visa Subclass 190
  • Australia Skill Independent Visa Subclass 189
  • Family Sponsorship Visa
  • Partner visa

The parent visa provides parents of Australian permanent residents and citizens with an opportunity to either move to Australia temporarily to permanently, depending on your eligibility and circumstances. There are various visa options for parents of eligible sponsors that may lead to permanent residency.

You can sponsor up to two overseas partners in your life with each application having to be at least 5 years apart.

If your current visa ends before you are granted the temporary partner visa, you can stay in Australia on a Bridging visa A (BVA). You do not have to apply for a BVA; it is automatically granted when you apply for your partner visa. The BVA starts when your temporary visa ends.

Simply, no there is no strict employment or earning requirement. The sponsorship and visa applications will not be refused purely because the sponsor does not have a job. However, there are some things sponsors and applicants should be aware of.

 To sponsor a relative to Australia, you must be a settled Australian citizen or permanent resident. You must also be at least 18 years old. As a sponsor, you must also have the ability to pay a security bond if asked by the Department. The amount for the security bond is discretionary.

  • Be nominated by an approved work sponsor
  • Have an occupation on a relevant skilled occupation list
  • Have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
  • Be under 45 years of age
  • meet minimum standards of English language proficiency

A registered migration agent can help you apply for a visa by:

  • Explaining which visa options are available to you
  • Recommending the best visa option for you
  • Preparing documents for your visa application
  • Contacting the Department of Home Affairs to discuss your case
  • Preparing and submitting a visa application for you
  • Representing you in, or preparing for, matters before a review tribunal in relation to a visa matter

Registered migration agents know how to prepare and submit a visa application for the best chance of success. Their work can make it easier and faster for the Department to assess your application.