If you’re interested in obtaining Child (802 & 101), please click the button below to book a consultation and check your eligibility.

A Child visa lets an eligible parent sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely. The parent can apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age.

An eligible parent is:

  • An Australian citizen
  • The holder of an Australian permanent resident visa
  • An eligible New Zealand citizen

To get this visa, the child must be:

  • Sponsored by their parent or their parent’s partner
  • Single
  • Younger than 18 years of age, or: The child can include their own dependent children in this application

The child must be:

  • The biological child or adopted child of the sponsoring parent
  • A step child who has not turned 18 of a step-parent who is no longer the partner of the child’s parent but has a legal responsibility to care for the child.

An adopted child must have been adopted before their parent became an Australian citizen or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or an eligible New Zealand citizen.

To have one of our Australian immigration consultants assess how you can obtain a Child visa please contact us.