If you’re interested in obtaining Temporary (408), please click the button below to book a consultation and check your eligibility.

This temporary resident visa allows you to come to Australia on a temporary basis to undertake one of the following activities:

  • work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement (Exchange stream)
  • participate in high-level sports competitions (Sport stream)
  • do full-time religious work (Religious Worker stream)
  • do full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives (Domestic Worker (Executive) stream)
  • work in the entertainment industry (Entertainer stream)
  • be employed as a super yacht crew member (Super yacht crew stream)
  • for people who are invited for stays of up to 3 months by an organisation operating in Australia to participate in specific cultural or social event or events (Invited participant stream)
  • participate or observe in an Australian research project, after being invited to do so, or undertake a research activity at an Australian tertiary or research institution related to your field of study (Researcher stream)
  • to participate in an approved special program that provides opportunities for youth exchange, cultural enrichment or community benefits (Special program stream)
  • to participate in a Government endorsed major event (Australian government endorsed event stream)

To gain this work permit in Australia you should be:

  • sponsored by an approved sponsor
  • have the skills and experience relevant to the nominated activity.

This visa involves a three stage process:

  • Sponsorship – an organisation, government agency or foreign government agency applies to become a long-stay activity sponsor
  • Visa – you apply for a Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408).

This is a temporary visa. You can be in or outside Australian when you apply for this visa: If you apply in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted. If you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when your visa is granted.

If you would like us to assist you with your subclass 408 work visa application, or determine your eligibility for another work visa, please contact us